Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Recommended reading at this time of despair

I feel horrible making light a day or two prior to Katrina hitting land Monday. I also pooh poohed the initial reports as hyperbole. When I got home last night from work and had the chance to see the damage on the news and to hear how the devastation is still mounting. To listen to the witnesses' account of their ordeal I was completly taken back. I was heart broken to listen to one man tell of his fight to hang on to his wife's hand prior to her being sucked away tore me too deeply to describe.

All bloggers should take the day and pray and find a tangible way to help our fellow human beings get through this disaster.

If you ,think finding out more about hurricanes will help you understand more I suggest reading Isaac's Storm. It is account of a hurricane in 1900 that hit Galveston Texas. I highly recommend it at this time.