Friday, April 15, 2005

What Do I Do?

I’m posting something a little lighter today and not so damn revealing.

A distraught husband worn from his wife’s illness and the thought of losing her sat across the table from her doctor. The doctor had called the husband in to talk with him.

The doctor took out two folders with obvious labels from the local lab on them. “Mr. Wright, I asked to meet with you today because I have a problem.” Informed the doctor.

“What kind of problem, Doc?” Inquired the husband.

“The lab has mixed your wife’s test results up with another person’s results.”

“Can we just do the tests again?” asked Mr. Wright.

“No, you see, the tests we put her through were too excruciating and detrimental to her health, we don’t want to risk further damage.” The doctor went on.

“What do you mean? What do we do?” cried the husband. “What kind of mix up are we talking about?”

Putting it bluntly the Doctor told the husband. “Well, apparently the lab has two results for your wife’s tests. One she either has Alzheimer’s or she has AIDS.”

“My God what can I do?” cried again the husband.

“I suggest you take her to the mall this evening, look at some shops have a little bite to eat and when she has her attention elsewhere sneak off and leave her at the mall and go home.” Suggested the doctor.

“Leave her at the mall, Go home?!” Asked the startled husband. “How’s that going to solve anything?”

“Simple, if she makes it home don’t fuck her.”

I know it’s an old joke but it had to be told. Rednaked blogger reminded me of this joke awhile back and I thought it was appropriate for a rainy Oregon afternoon. My grandfather is suffering from memory loss and it has not been fully diagnosed. Every time I hear of a nutty story about him and my grandmother dealing with it I think of this story. If you knew my grandparents you’d think its funny too.