Friday, April 15, 2005

Warning

The joke on the previous post has been one of my favorites for years. I first heard it when I was working my way through college as a night janitor at a hospital. An ER doctor told me. We were up on the roof checking out the stars and putting on an illegal smile (remember that Opie the next time you're in a hospital) and he told me the joke. I about feel off the roof not because of the joke but because of the smoke in my eyes.

I also told this joke to my ex-mother-in-law while she was sitting with her husband of fifty plus years, he was 96 years old and a week from his own funeral. She laughed her head off and wanted me to tell it again several times throughout the day. He seemed to like it too. My ex Mrs. Pirate and the current Mrs. Pirate looked like they swallowed a goat. Now you know why I am often invited to parties late. My invitation always seems to have the start time around the clean up time.