Saturday, March 25, 2006

Busy Saturday

We have the bathroom floor all ripped up and are laying tile this morning. The Mrs. has us doing all kinds of repairs and upgrades to get ready for Jock's and little Sister's graduations in June. Painting, sanding, repairing are definately not my ideas of a good time. It sucks being married to a responsible adult. I would have preferred living in a condo where you pay for all the up keep. Good thing its raining or I'd have to mow the yard too. Calgone take me away!!!

The writin g has ben going along great and I have gotten a lot of advice and assistance as far as research materials and things to think about as you navigate through the jungle of the first. I have recently submitted three of my short stories to a publication so lets hope the pick them up.

The track meet went great the other day. Slick broke his 3,000m personal record by 54 seconds. He went out there and did his best and battled through his own doubt. We are so damn proud of him. He doesn't run the race all that fast but he has potential that is untapped. His time was 11:07. If he can drop it down another minute by the end of the year he will letter as a JV member.

Jock had his usually spectcular showing. He got a second in the 400m with a 51.0 flat he was a little off his best. If he had ran his best time of 50.1 he would have won easily. He got a second in th 200m at 22.1. And the relay teams 4x100m and the 4x400m blew away the competition. Their 4x100m was 42.1 and I forgot the 4x400m. Jock ran the final leg of the 4x400m and recieved the baton in last place. Three second behind the back of the pack. He caght the pack going into the final corner and came out of the corner in the lead and won by at least two seconds. He is currently experiencing celebrity status at school. But he seems to have his head screwed on well. He still is living by our family motto, "Be humble or be humbled".

I was a bit concerned about Slick being in the shadow so I asked him point blank and he asked me if I was kidding. He says dad being Jock's younger brother is the best job a guy could possibly have. He told me he loves Jock so much he is as happy as anyone else for him. Plus it is a great way to meet girls. He told me that a lot of people will come up to him at school and ask if he is Jock's little brother and he gets to baste in the celebrity too. I did notice at the meet he was surrounded by girls all day before his race. He didn't look like he was in any pain.

I was recently asked why I don't have a cute name or a better nickname for Little Sister. Th reason is is because she has such a real name that is so unique it didn't seem right to stretch from it. She also picked Little Sister herself. She has been on me of late for not writing anything about her. It seems my two daughters are the only family members to read the blog. No wonder why they are the smartest people in the family.

Mrs. Pirate and Slick are back from the store so I gotta get back to work. Damn... I'll sprinkle some water on my brow so I look like i've been busting my butt since they were gone..


Peace...