Friday, March 11, 2005

College Days

I have been visiting all of my favorite blog spots and they have all been terrific. I have read some of the best stuff I’ve seen so far. Unfortunately I can’t leave a comment (unless they have Halo Scan) to tell them they’re batting 100 today.

First off, yesterday Blogger fucked with my attempts to rile the masses into a stirred up rage so they would take to the street, or storm the castle, and throw the assholes-in-charge out. Then I had to call the whole revolution-thing off. How did Che do this without the net?

Now today it won’t allow me to leave a smart-ass remark or an atta-boy/girl remark. What’s next? The blogger will probably start making my ramblings sound like they’re half-ass intelligent. Then Mrs. Pirate will be pissed because she’ll think I have evolved beyond my dependence of her. Yeah, like that’s going to happen. She may have a better education and have more hair, but I’m taller and beat her ass in Jeopardy.

This Blogger thingamajig is not allowing the daily intercourse of ideas and communications to take place. This means we will be left to our own devices for inner-course. It reminds me of an old Jackson Browne song, “Rosie”. You know what’s nuts about that song? When I was a freshman in college (this will date me) the album “Running on Empty” was a part of everyone’s album collection. I use to sit in my room in the dorm and listen to that song religiously. I always felt for the poor guy, trying to get a little love action and he would always end up with Rosie. At the time I didn’t realize it was the “Rosie” and her five sisters he was whining about. I was a hopeless romantic simply sharing a blue moment with another loser I guess. It is a good thing I identified with the guys in “Animal House” more than I did with writers of sad songs. Or I would have never gotten laid.

What was hot when I was a freshman in college? Or what I only knew was hot.

Movies:

Animal House (not a good flick for freshmen to watch who ate in cafeterias)

Urban Cowboy (I still think Debra Winger is one hot ass)

Halloween (Jamie Leigh Curtis, we all love)

The Omen (the shit still creeps me out)

TV:

Mork and Mindy (I lived in a dorm and didn’t have a TV)

Music:

The Eagles

The Doobie Brothers

Marshall Tucker Band

Jackson Browne

George Thorogood

The Outlaws

Charlie Daniels

Disco (it was just starting out and I thought it sucked then too)

Bob Seager

Traffic

J. Geils Band

Jimmy Buffett

Songs:

Panama Red (Riders of the Purple Sage)

Take it Easy (a lot of us headed for Winslow Arizona for this one)

Heard it in a love song (Marshall Tucker)

Running on Empty (Jackson Browne)

Green grass and High times (Outlaws)

Longhaired country boy (Charlie Daniels)

Margarita Ville (the Pirate)

What to read:

Zen Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Ecotopia

The Shining

Island

Freak Brothers

High Times

National Lampoon

So what if this list makes me sound old. I am old.

If any of you frequent or new visitors knows how to set up my favorite links so I can just go from my blog with a click to my favorites, please feel free to instruct.