Friday, April 22, 2005

Seven Minutes

I know I have said in the past that I leave my bitch sessions for Monday but I am a damn Pirate and you can't always believe what I say. The other day I was watching Jay Leno and he had Bill Maher as a guest. Now I used to watch his old show, Politically Incorrect which was misnamed of course. I don't know if any of you ever watched the program but it was without a doubt another liberal vehicle for spouting off against conservatives or Republicans. There was nothing politically incorrect about the show, unless you count the fact they always pitted one conservative guest against three plus Maher himself. The only thing that they ever saw as politically incorrect was the conservative view.

I agree with Maher on many things. I agree that many of the right-wing religious folks tend to promote zealotry more than anything else and least not compassion for an opposing view. I was always told that God gave you two ears and one mouth so you should use them in that order and many of the zealots seem to be more audio then reception as do their counterparts on the left.

This said, brings me to the constant diatribe from the half-funny comedians on the left like Maher and Jon Stewart and the war profiteer, Michael "Fast Food" Moore. If I hear another one of these dolts on television or on the radio waves discussing the "7 minutes" Bush sat there and read the goat book to the school chidren after hearing of the Twin Towers attack, I'm going to shoot my television or drop kick my radio. These dolts are always in a position to carry on this bullshit about the 7 minutes, in an arena, where there is never another person around to counter their lie.

I, like Bush, and most likely everyone else on that day, other than the heroes on the police and firefighting forces, sat stunned as we watched in horror as fellow citizens were murdered by militant Islamists. We were all stunned and from our place of observation there was nothing any of us could have done. These liars from the left would all like us to believe that Bush should have done something at the very second. They have implied that by sitting there with the children he also endangered the lives of those children. We've had presidential candidates claim they would have done differently if they had been in charge on that imfamous morning. Even though actual accounts of their actions on that day mirrored all of ours.

Now the President of the United States has many responsibilities and can make a lot of decisions that affect the world. He/she can appoint people we either support or dispise. He/she can support positions that produce debate. He/she can provide guidelines for budget spending and budget reductions, but they do not and have never had the responsibility of the President's safety.

The responsibility of the President's safety falls squarely on the shoulders of the Secret Service and not the President themselves. With this in mind, I am confident that at that very moment in our history, the Secret Service deemed the safist place for the President of the United States was sitting there in that classroom with those children reading that book about the goat. If they thought for one nano second that hiding in the ditch across the street from the school or hanging from the Staute of Liberty waving his middle finger at the rest of the world was the safist place be assured they would have carried his ass there.

To continue bringing up the "7 minutes" is simply the left telling the rest of us schmoozes how stupid they think we all are. Enough said on the "7 minutes", enough said on Bush.

I planned to post the third installment of the vampire story today but the disk gods destroyed the disk I had stored it on. So I need to rewrite the third chapter. I already have chapters 4, 5 and 6 completed. So this weekend I have a task.

I also want to thank those who have found my stories on my family and on my childhood entertaining. That means a lot to me. I too have enjoyed your postings. I would appreciate you telling anyone that you think would be interested in these stories about them. I would also encourage some of you to revisit them. My goal is to some day find a means to have some of the stories put into print. If anyone has any idea how I could do this please let me know.

Thanks.