Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What the heck happened to Dennis Miller?

A couple years ago CNBC decided to break ranks with the left leaning format of their network's talk shows and put Dennis Miller on. His show ran for a little over a year and then one day it wasn't on anymore. I realize I was the only person watching it but heck I count don't I?

I've checked with Google and all I find is CNBC bragging about his show, which doesn't show up anywhere. First Monday Night Football gives him the boot for no apparent reason other then he knew absolutely nothing about the game but neither did Cosell or Al Michaels. He at least was entertaining when the game's suspense went south.

I mean this guy is my kind of commentator. He doesn't bend toward anything but common sense. He is conservative and liberal where it is logical. His guests always were entertaining and informative and the show was surprisingly balanced for a political/current event talk show.

Maybe that isn't what we want. Maybe we prefer more screaming shows like O'Rielly and Hannity and Combs. Or the stoogy type programs you find on PBS.

Any ideas?