Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Heads Up

Marijuana Party Launches Campaign


I don’t know if anyone has seen the news from Canada today but it’s worth taking note. They have a new political party, The Marijuana Party, has fired their first shot or more like, lit its first bowl. First there was Bush who coined the phrase “Freedom on the march” and now not to be out done, Canada gives us “Stoners on the march”.

Its about time someone stood up and told the rest of the world that the 70s generation is taking over dammit. From the generation that brought you disco, polyester, The BeeGees, Lionel Richie, Barretta, and Mork and Mindy. They now bring us procrastination at its best. The “Party” is starting an international push to take over the world, as soon as they get off the damn couch. The revolution has begun, so are you with them or not? I mean if you’re tired or have something better to do right now you can join them later. They move rather sloooooowly. They aren’t in a real big hurry.

I don’t know about you but I’m joining today and by god my wife and kids are too. Hell even the two dogs and both cats will throw in and join. Actually I don’t know about one of the dogs, we’ve always thought he was working undercover for the FBI.

I have no idea why no one has ever thought of this before. With the word “party” in it they should have come up with years ago. I can see the slogans now. “Got Fritos!” “Hay dude, I forgot.” “You know we’re your best friends, we have a bag” and a whole bunch more I just forgot what they were.

The party spokesman says that their party is either criminal or mainstream because he believes everyone has smoked, still smokes, and knows someone who smokes or has smoked the blessed herb. I think if he’s looking for a party that truly represents everyone he needs to have a party of those who know Rosie Palm or have played with their own man in a boat.