Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Something is missing

I’ve been too busy to blog today. I have millions of things I want to tell you or bitch about but work demands got in the way today. Thanks for the comments on my earlier posts. I appreciate any stroke of my writing ego I can get.

I’ve been feeling like I have a void in me the last couple of days. I feel like I’m walking around with something missing. All of my limbs and important body parts all appear to be intact. The last couple of nights I have come home from work and the whole household has acted and appeared to be missing something too. I couldn’t figure it out. It was driving me nuts.

Then this afternoon Mrs. Pirate called me at work crying her eyes out. She said Jock had called.

That’s it. Jock has been in Italy since last Saturday and he hasn’t called since they left. We had heard from other people on the call line that they had made it but Jock, like his Dad, doesn’t call home to let us know he made it. He is becoming more like me every day. Lucky for me, unlucky for the rest of you. Never has he been to another country let alone Europe. Then to not call us for three or four days, is like boring a hole into our hearts. But he didn’t call me he called his Mom. Now Mrs. Pirate can hold that over my head.

What drives me nuts about this is I cannot think of a time that I have ever went this long and not spoke to one of my four kids. Maybe two days and on a stretch three days but damn near a whole half of a week. I guess this is where people start realizing they are getting old and their kids don’t need them as much as they use to. Shit….