Monday, March 21, 2005

Starving someone, to death

What does newborn babies, parapledgics, and Mrs. Shiavo have in common? They rely on others for food. The difference between Mrs. Shiavo and Christopher Reeves was the loving spouse. Would the left and the willing dopes in the press sat back and allowed Mrs. Reeves to starve her husband to death? I doubt it. If this death watch was simply unplugging a ventilator there would be no argument. Unfortunately for all involved it is not. Since this issue is to starve someone to death because they currently do not have the capacity to live the life the decision maker prefers, hysteria has been injected.

I honestly have attempted to ignore the Shiavo issue. I have told myself that it is not any of my business. I've repeated the same words Mr. Shiavo has. I have said all involved are just grand standing. But I just can't get the woman's parents out of my mind. If these two are willing to feed her and provide love for her every day of her meager existance then why in the hell does anyone else want to prevent that?