Sunday, October 23, 2005

I'm pooped

Sunday morning, thick clouds with no light shining through. Thank God, because I am one tired Pirate today.

I have never mentioned this in my blog before but I am a volunteer area coordinator for Salem's middle school basketball program. My job is to recruit as many boys and girls for 6th, 7th and 8th grades for the basketball program that represents the student's middle school. This last two weeks was the blitzkrieg for recruiting as many kids as possible then scheduling the evaluations Monday through Thursday and assigning coaches to each team. I ended up with over 90 kids and a load of coaches. It looks like I'll be coaching the 8th grade girls for my area.

I haven't coached girls all that much in the last 16 years of me coaching youth sports. So it will be a bit of a challenge. My observation is that the girls seem to be more intelligent then the boys at this age but they also seem far more dramatic. It should be a fun.

While I was coordinating all the recruiting and evaluations this week our high school Booster Club was in full gear for its annual sportsman auction. So while I've been recruiting and trying to get the basketball program going, I have been out soliciting local businesses for donations and participation for the local high school's sports programs. Mrs. Pirate, bless her heart has worked her little Pirate arse off and feeling she needed me near, volunteered me for the set up and clean up committees for the Auction. So I had a very late night, Friday and last night. The auction went wonderfully and it appears a lot of money was made for the sports programs. Watch out for those damn Vikings. Thus is the reason I have been running some of my old posts. No time to play.

Then my work has been demanding more of me as we gear up for two court cases one in Tacoma that is reaching the rebuttal stage and one in Tennessee that gets rolling Halloween. Fortunately I do not have to go to the Tennessee trial but I have preparation responsibilites and research to do.

Today I plan to look at my blog buddies and go up town to shop for Lil' Sister's birthday which is this Tuesday and lounge around the home office looking at dirty pictures on the web and pick my nose.

I haven't been able to get caught up on any of the important news or anything else for that matter but I am aware that Billy Bob Thornton was out bad mouthing Angelina Jolie. Apparently he is a little jealous of their break up several years ago and is having some trouble being nice. He was recently asked about their past love life and he told the reporter that making love to Angelina was like screwing a couch. Man, that must of been one good looking couch. Is he telling us he has some kind of fetish with furniture? He may be screwer then it appears he is.