Saturday, October 01, 2005

Set up the office at home


Mrs. Pirate and myself stayed out of the rain-storm today and set up my new office in our downstair's family room. Sir Von Ass-Wipe and his lovely princess, Peach had given Can-O-Corn and the Pirate whatever furniture we wanted from one of the offices down the hall.

He is trying to retire and sell the business so he has been getting rid of a lot of the extra furniture. I took a desk, a credenza, an oak bookshelf and a wooden filing cabinet.

The self employed days are just around the corner. I'm guessing after the "Big" court case we are involved in up in Tacoma may be the last waltz with the great Sir Von Ass-Wipe. It should be over sometime in October. What a sport, to kick those to the curb who have made him, a richman with poor taste right, before the holidays. It leaves me split in mind and soul. Half of me wants the fight to continue because of the relationships developed. The other half knows I'll do much better without the dysfunctional bullshit I have endured since the day I took over the wheel.

Most of the future posts will be coming from this desk, The Captain's cabin aboard the Pirate ship, Valsetz.

The boys have been dressing up all week for the spirit week at their school. Actually only Slick has been doing it because Jock the Senior is too cool for such Sophmoric play. Unfortunately their spirit wasn't as much of a boost as they needed. Their school got whooped last night by their "Homecoming" foe, Sprague 27 to 0. Slick said he didn't really care because he was only going for the dance anyway.

Slick dressed up as Michael Corleon. I told him he was better looking then Al Pacino but I didn't think he looked much like a killer. He then looked at me and asked, "Michael Corleon killed somebody?". It was obvious he didn't even know who Al Pacino is. So where did he come up with the name? Your guess is as good as mine.

He told me all the Mormons and Mexicans told him he looked like Al Capone. I asked him how he knew someone was Mormon. He said he just knows.