Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Quick Thankgiving Day greeting

For the first time in 20 years the Mrs. Pirate,the Pirate brood (minus Blaze), and myself are having turkey day outside of our own lair. With Jock graduating this year and Blaze being 24 we decided we should venture out and do the turkey thing at someone else's house for once. Could be the last time as soon as two are out of the nest and will need a place to ESR (eat sit and run) in the future.

This year we are visiting the Mrs. Pirate's clan in Weiser, Idaho. The home of the Fiddle Championships. About 60 miles west of Boise and 15 miles notheast of Ontario, Oregon. The little burg sits next to the Snake River down in a canyon. The area is experiencing an "inversion" so unlike the rest of the northwest this Thanksgiving we are not enjoying the sun and cold weather but rather a thick eerie fog and the cold.

Even though the eats and festivities are outside of our control because we are guests on this holiday it has been one of the best Thanksgivings I can remember. All the nieces and nephews are 7th grade and up through sophmores in college, which makes the visit with them all great. To see them grown up and talking smack with their uncle Pirate. Their smiles and loving attitudes makes me realize how real fortunate I am. My nephew, Bob (he and Jock are the same age) plays in the Shrine All-Star football game tomorrow in Boise so we will all be piling in cars tomorrow to go the game. Football on Thanksgiving Day weekend, good food and company make for a nice holiday.

I am keeping the post short because of the droopy head I am sporting thanks to the Captain Morgan that seems to be working its way into the Pirate's cup of diet coke. I have also been eye-balling some of the pies my sister-in-law Holly brought and they keep calling my name. Pirate come eat me...

So this Pirate wishes all of you a great holiday and hope it is as great for you as it has been for me this year. I appreciate all of your comments and the time you have spent reading my posts and for including me in your lives no matter how small a space you have allowed me. Thanks. And welcome back Hoss. Keep the pot stirred.