Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Home Welcoming



After a day of working for Sir Von Ass Wipe and his lovely and gracious wife, Peach and then battling the traffic south on Interstate 5 for 45 miles my blood pressure drops twenty points as soon as I see this area.

This is the start of the street to my lair. This picture does not do the street justice. A recent storm had just blown through and removed most of the luster in the colorful trees. In mid-October and mid-May this street is by far the prettiest in Salem. The fall colors varie from many shades of yellow, orange and red. During the spring months the blossoms on the trees welcome me home with a different pallete of colors; pinks, whites, purple and green.

These trees greet me every evening as I near my driveway. They seem to be telling me to leave all the "funky-shit-going-down-in-the-city" behind me and put on the Pirate dad and Pirate husband hat.

In the morning when I leave for work I swear I hear them whisper, "Take it all in stirde Pirate. We'll see you later."

If you look real close you can see part of the Pirate's lair at the end of the street.