Friday, November 25, 2005

Still Frozen in Weiser

Got a quick chance to get a note out of the thick fog of Weiser, Idaho and let the outside worl that I am still here and not being held by some whacked out Arab group that thinks my head would look better on the mantle.

My brother-in-law Mrs. Pirate's only brother who happens to be the only person wound more tightly then me, has let me use his iPod and I have borrowed my nieces laptop to ride along with Jimmy Buffett and tap out a message. Leave it to my brother-in-law to have a gadget such as this. I think he was put on Earth to entertain his nephews. Right now behind me one of my nephews is flinging Junior mints from a homemade catapult across the living room and BIL is catching them with his mouth. Now these things are flying at about 50 mph and he is diving to make every attempt count. I see the other nephews in the hallway plotting a means to increas the velocity.

My other brother-in-law is now trying to sabotage my post and doesn't know that I am watching him with the eye under the patch. The sisters are all in the kitchen with mom-in-law, probably plotting all of us guy's demise. The little girls four at last count have a "to the death" tournament of rummy going and my father-in-law is sitting with his schnauzer in his lap thinking why me?
Thank God for volume control on hearing aids.

My other broyher-in-law tells me I type pretty fast for a hunt and pecker type of guy. If only he knew. And Jimmy Buffett keeps singing in my head, "We are the people are Parents warned us about".

I'm on my fourth diet coke and my feet are about thawed out after my nephew, Bobby's Shrine All-star football game. By the way, their team won in the last minute of the game so the drive back from Boise was worth the bragging.

I apologize for not getting to anyone's blog, but I am trying to do my best with the laptop I'm not use to and I am positive many of you are having a time yourselves. Jimmy is now telling me "sailor men eat the same things again and again, Cheeseburger in Paradise."

Peace to all and I will get back to my regular blog practices as soon as I reach Salem again.

Good golly almighty which way do I steer?"