Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Date Went Well

I met him at his office. A nice office at that. John Clymore prints on every wall throughout the building. Remington brass scultpures and other western art decorated the place. All of the support staff I spoke with prior to us setting out for lunch, were pleasent and comfortable.

We first sat and drank strong coffee in their conference room and discussed the importance of having a good industruial appraisal do the appraisals for their insurance firm. Thn we parlayed that importance into how I was the guy they needed. We shared stories and experiences and soon found we had a lot in common.

we went and had a nice little sit down lunch and discussion. After we finished it was obvious he wanted me to kiss him on the first date. As I parted I assured him that we could have a long and meaningful relationship but in no way was I ready for a cowboy commitment. I explained how I rally could careless if there were cowboys who wanted to share chaps but I was not one of them. My persuation was toward the Annie Oakly type. But what ever they wanted to do in the privacy of their own ranch was fine with me.

Unless I totally misread my new friend I think we have a new avenue for appraisals and do think it will grow into something nice. I already have one set for March and anticipate many more. I have not made one dime so far but I have had many promising meetings and have covered the land with my mailings. I have recieved a few calls from the mailings but mostly seed planting at this stage. What is comforting is I have the funds and the game plan to go well into next fall without one project. If I land anything between then and now it is only gravy.

On a "why have I not been blogging" note. I have been so darn busy it has been difficult to juggle family, business, and blogging along with my own writing that I plan to share one day in a published format. This last week i had a basketball game to coach every night of the week except for Monday. This next Monday I will be coaching my last regualr season 8th grade girls game before the playoffs. Next Saturday my high school boys team I coach for the city league has their playoff tournament. As soon as both seasons are over I will have ample time on my hands to do other things.

I just finished reading stephn King's latest, Cell. Not bad but it is obvious once you have become a well established writer you do not have to put your best work on paper to get published.

I am in the middle of reading Lovely Bones a book dale Hanks sent me. Thanks Dale. I also picked up three more books this morning from Borders. Damn I love those gift cards from Borders. My kids got me a $50 on Christmas and this last month on my birthday I got $75 of Border's cards. So far it has turned into four books, a new John Prine and Leo Kotke CDs.

Don't blame me, that's the way I found it!

Peace.