Monday, January 09, 2006

Just a couple of cow pokes

Where would someone come up with such a name for a movie based on the love between two cowboys? I snickered when I first heard of the movie, "Brokeback Mountain". Not as much at the subject matter but by the name of a movie covering the subject matter. Call me a homophobe or a closed minded redneck or what ever but allow me a sense of humor. But why "Brokeback"? It may be too descriptive.

My first thought was this movie is going to pucker the ass of all those old cowboys. I pictured John Wayne, Gary Cooper, Jimmy Stewart, Ronald Reagan and Gene Autry all rolling over in their graves. Then I thought this may be a stroke of genius by the producers. It may be an attempt to roll up a chick flick and guy movie all in one.

As a cowboy movie it may be the first time the good guy gets it in the end.

Don't give me any of your wrath because that's the way I found it.

Peace...