Monday, January 09, 2006

A comment from Blaze

My daughter had seen my post on Ryan Walker and added her comment. I thought it was far more important then my post. now you can see why I feel blessed to have her as a daughter.

Thank you for everyones prayers. I always read my dads blog but very little do I ever add my two cents. Today I feel that I need to. As everyone knows my friend was killed this last week in Iraq, and as everyone also knows that I am NOT republican, I do not agree with this war and thats why I need to say something today. Every paper I have read this week and every news channel has talked about my dear friend Ryan as a brave soldier. A war hero, Yes he is. I also thank him for all he has given this country but he is so more than that. No newspaper has talked about Ryan as he was, the everyday hero. Ryan and I were roomates in college and good friends. Ryans dreams were not to go to war a die for his country. Ryan was a loving guy everybody enjoyed to be with. Ryan's dream was to get a Firefighter/Paramedic job, get married have a few kids and hang out with his friends.
Ryan was a wrestler in high school and always made sure everyone knew how many times he went to state. If he could he would of stayed a high school wrestler his entire life. every time a group of friends got together he would turn our living room into a wrestling match.
Ryan always ate mac and cheeze for dinner out of the pan me made it in because he hated doing dishes.
He was the worst dancer but he always put on some stupid rap song and danced around the living room to make people smile.
He was never mad.
He always had a huge smile on his face.
All his friends would giggle if he swore because it sounded so funny coming from Ryan's mouth.
He hated drinking, he would drink one beer and hold it all night and act as stupid and drunk as everyone else so he fit in.
And he always drove us home from parties safely.
Every girl in school had a crush on him but he was still in love with his high school sweetheart, Darcee. I don't have any full set of dishes because he was a clutz and broke one of everything.
He stayed up late studing everynight, school was not easy for him but he always made it look like a snap. Usally had a 4.0 avg. He graduated the Fire program at Chemeketa Comm. a few years ago and was working on all his medical classes. He was accepted to the Paramedic program and one day later went to join the millitary to be medic for all of our country.
He enjoyed every kind of music.
He was in the gym countinously.
He would make me walk the two blocks to school even if it was raining. He would call me a pansy if I drove but everytime I offered him a ride home he would take it.
He loved oreo cookies.
He would leave his bedroom door open in the night because I was scared of the dark and it made me feel better if he could hear me if I yelled.
He was very shy he always blushed if someone said something inapproprate.
He would never say a rude thing about anybody.
He never complained about a thing. He dyed his hair more than I did. Ryan Walker was a great guy, good friend and much loved by many of us. Yes he was a soldier. But I want everyone to know he was so much more than that. Please keep all our heroes in you prayers.