Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hodgepodge

Don't you just love the blogosphere? Yesterday while cruising the blogosphere I happened upon a blogger with the name Brinton. He had some reviews of movies he had recently seen and had posted about his battle to exclude cheese and chocolate from his life. I found him to be funny and a very good writer, so I began my usual harrassing. Today he had a post about a rock band named AshWednesday. Since it is Ash wednesday and we have nothing better to do I encourage you to check out their website, www.ashwednesdaymusic.com . Brinton tells me they are a local band from his area in the south. So I gave them a listen. They are pretty good, there is some Matchbox 20 influence among others. On their website they have five songs. I'll recommend two, Sundress and Blue, but the others are good as well.

Has anyone had the opportunity to see the next President, Condi Rice's workout video? I found it on the web today and I am hearing Olivia Newton John in my mind singing, "Let's Get Physical". Condi all sweaty with a headband and her spandex with all that grinding to take off the extra pounds, yum. Hillary if you plan on beating my babe Condi to the podium at the White House you best get your cankles down to the gym.

Did you know its National Pig Day? That's bound to piss off a few Muslims.

Apparently its National Peanut Butter Lover's day too. I have this awful image of peanut butter lover's smearing peanut butter and jelly all over themselves and making human sandwhiches. Man I've got to get out more. Personally I am a peanut butter and honey man myself. Or peanut butter and pickles or mayonaisse or bananas.

I recently read that KFC is fighting back against those of us that hit the remote when a commercial comes on. They have hidden their secret recipe in their new commercials and you need to watch the commercial in order to get the recipe. If you play the commercial backwords you hear Howard Stern praising satan and reciting the recipe. Man if you already have the recipe and I can buy the finished product why in the heck would I want it? Don't you think I'm busy enough? Now if you were to hide more interesting things in your ads, like nude shots of Angelina Jolie or a winning lottery number you may tweak my interest.

How many of you have figured out that Bode Miller is W's illegitimate son? He definately has the old, "Hey, I don't give a flying rat's butt what you think, I'm still going to do what I want" attitude. I know it pisses off the press and those who live and breath through their athletic heros, but it sure is refreshing to see someone tell the world he's only here for the beer party and the butt.

Speaking of W. I see he is visiting what we have bought in the Middle East. In his fly over he noted it sure looks a lot better then New Orleans. I'm seeing a straight across swap coming. I also read that there are thousands of people in New Delhi, India preparing to greet Bush with a protest. They have armed themselves with signs that read, "Kill Bush, Eat Beef". I think they got it backwards. What the hell are these guys all pissed off about? They don't like all those phone bank jobs they got now? I heard one spokesman complaining about the phone bank jobs. He says the jobs only lead to more stereotyping of their culture and the belittling by some asshole who calls himself Pirate.

Michelle Williams of Hollywood who was recently nominated for her role in Brokeback Mountain is getting the scorn from her former Chrisitan school's Headmaster. The Headmaster, Jim Hopson of Chrisitan Youth Theater is upset with the association of his school and Michelle. He claims that Michelle's recent success in no way represents what they are trying to do at their school. He thinks what she does in her movies and the movies she has been involve with do not reflect Christ. This dude couldn't be any more wrong if he tried. God is in all things and he is everywhere. God loves homosexual cowboys as much as he does Pat Robertson or any old tattered Pirate. I don't think he plays favorites. Hey, Jim. Why do they call you the "Headmaster"?

Sticking with the Oscar theme for a second more. I see where a transgender woman or is that shim? Was recently arrested three times over the last six month for using a woman's restroom in Grand Central Terminal in NYC. Shim works there and has to go now and then. Well, a couple of the transit police had an issue with that so they began to harrass shim after shim relieved shimself. Now shim has taken to using a cup in shim's own office. Note to the transit police, do you honestly think someone would put themselves through so much personal agony to cop a peak in a women's restroom? Further is shim offers you a glass of Mountain Dew, please drink up.

In Detroit, Michigan a 12-year old boy stuck some chewing gum on a $1.5 million Helen Frankenthaler painting. It is the abstract painting called, "The Bay". The gum left a stain on the painting. The boy has been suspended from school and his parents apparently beat his butt too. I think he should have to stand in the museum facing a chalkboard and leave his nose in a circle on that chalkboard until I get tired. My question how in the heck do you effect an abstract painting?

Don't blame me because that is the way I found it.

Peace...