Friday, April 14, 2006

Pirate is upright again

I am feeling a ton better then the last week. I have had a terrible sinus infection, along with a bad bought with asthma. With the over the counter drugs and the doctor prescribed ones I was real loopy and unable to spend much time doing anything constructive.

Thank god it has started to rain again in the valley so now I can breathe. Though this time of the year is so beautiful it gets worse on me every year. The pollen of the cherry blossoms and maple here in the Willamette Valley tend to render me nuts.

I have not even reada blog nor looked at mine for sometime. I feel that I have been ignoring a good friend. I appreciate all that were wondering what ever happened to the Pirate.

Track season has been going well for the North Salem High Vikings. They were picked to finish 8th out of ten teams. So far they have been kicking allcomers butts. They pounded the rich school, sprague the other day, 100 points to 35. The boys team is 3 and 1 and the girls have yet to meet lose.

My boys have been doing great Slick continues to better his personal record in th 1500 meter and the 3000 meter ever race. I am also starting to see a little bit of competitiveness emerge from him. As for Jock he curently has the third fastest time in the state for the 400m and he broke the school record at 50.1. This weekend he will be running at the University of Oregon's Heyward field. The place where Steve Prefontain ruled, where the PAC 10 finals are often held and many Olympic trials, not to mention the annual state championship meet. It is an invitation put on by the Duck alums. He is seeded very high in the 400m race and medium for the 200m. Their 4x100m relay is picked to finish fourth. As a proud dad I am ready for the whole thing to get going.

I'm hoping to see Joe Valsetz and his daughter there as well. Joe's daughter attends another Salem school but his daughter is a conference favorite in the 800m. If you are interested you can go to XO.com and read the results by Monday. Look for the name Wheeler from North Salem High School and you will see how Jock does.

The house is really shaping up after all the hard driving slave work Mrs. Pirate has imposed on all of us. All the bedrooms are painted. The bathrooms are sparkling, and the living room and my office is next. My new fence for the backyard goes up next week or the week after depending how I feel.

I have not been writing much of late because of how crappy I was feeling. I have read a few good books though. "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote and "Night" by Elie Wiesel. I have not heard anything from the magazine I submitted three of my stories to. I guess no word is good.

Other then that that is all I know right now...

Peace...