Sunday, September 03, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

Friends are on the way over for a bar-be-que and a dip in the freshly painted pool. Mrs. Pirate had me up early cleaning and the kids are still grumping about it. So what do I do? Slip off to my office to blog. What a Pirate.

I'm sure I will end up doing all the cooking and hosting so I am conserving my energy.

The state fair is winding up tomorrow.

I know I'll miss all the dust and the horse mounted deputies that ride past the back of our place every fifteen minutes. My schnauzer just loves the horses.

Raider is his name and letting everything that walks past our place know he is king shit is his game. He doesn't care how darn big you are. He gets to barking and sometimes sounds like those indians in the old western movies. The guy is no bigger then a work boot but he must have a self image of Goliath. He even bosses the black lab around like some squatty husband that is damn lucky he still lives in the old country. I think I'll get him one of those "wife beater" undershirts to wear around. Maybe some stripped boxers and a key chain with 46 useless keys on it. He can stroll around giving everbody the business.

The lab has her ways at getting back at him though. She often beats him to the food bowls. I have noticed at times when they are wrestling she rolls over on top of him and crunches him a bit. Nothing that he could call the cops about but just enough to make him yelp. I've even seen her fart in his face when he was laying down behind her. And she would look up at me and I swear to God, she would have a smile on her face. He would actually get up and move. This is from a dog that loves cruising past the kitty box for almond rocha.

Enough of my so called dog life.

Have a good last weekend of the summer and peace...