Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday comments

All is back to normal at the Pirate family's lair. I took several days off from work to veg with Mrs. Pirate and Jock made it back from Italy safe and all in one piece and no piercings or tattoos. The only delay or holdup was the custom's officers decided to stop him and question him on why he thought he needed to bring a Roman sword into the USA. He told me that they gave it a real good "look over" and were a little concerned about it. I told him he should have told them he was bringing it back to hack those who pissed him off into little pieces. Mrs. Pirate thought that was a bad idea. Female Pirates! What the hell else would a seventeen year-old want with a Roman sword?

Terri Shiavo is hanging in there. Aside from a miracle she will most likely pass on this week. The parents look like they are completly drained. They have done every thing they could to save their daughter from the death penalty impossed by the courts and her "loving Spouse", they have turned over every rock insearch for help to save their daughter. How this world would be so much better if we all had parents that loved their children as much. If every parent had the capacity to surrender themselves to loving and caring of their children until nature took its course there probably would be less hell in this world. Their biblical-type sacrifice should be an example to all of us who have had the fortune to be parents.

A note to those who may think I have softened. I know it sounds funny to the laymen when a Pirate expresses love for something other than rum, scantly clad lasses, gold and silver. But through all the calamity; the swashbuckling; the raping, pillaging and plundering; and the lust for everything that is not mine I do have a small string of love that pulsates through me for my sired joys. They have brought more joy to my existance than trouble and if I ever have a need for money each could bring a handsome dowry in the white slavery market.