Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My Bitch for the Day

It has been difficult to blog of late because I have been running back and forth between Tacoma and Portland the last couple of days. It is a beautiful drive but I am sick and tired of the damn rain. How many times in two weeks does a guy have to see the Puget Sound and the capital dome in Olympia before he gets sick of it? Three times is the answer.

Once and awhile my job puts me in a room with lawyers for hours at a time. I have nothing against attorneys. Hell, some of my best friends are attorneys. I just get tired of their smug, aloof attitudes of, "boy am I great. My parents are ecstatic about my success because I didn't end up in some trashy trailer court like my fat ass sister." Or, "if my classmates back at small town USA could just see me now, working in this high rise, driving a BMW, screwing people out of their money, eating and wasting expensive food, treating those who wait on me like shit and just being an all around pompous asshole."

I've been asked many times from my peers and the attorneys I work with why I have never went to law school. I always tell them because I prefer my hands in my own pockets.

I personally have a hard time putting up with assholes who think their careers identify them as something more than human. I also have noticed they are (at least the ones I know) liberal to the fault. They always seem to take a stance on issues that counter anything a Republican or Christian says. I don't care how much the issue is a no brainer, they still can look you in the eye and without breaking a sweat or showing any sense of doubt stick to the liberal talking points of the day. We laughed at Baghdad Bob when he doubted the US invasion when you could see American tanks in the background during his interviews. I just figured he was preparing for a law school in the USA.

I am currently working on several stories that I eventually want to get onto my blog and/or get published. Tomorrow I will list each of them and tell a little about each as I solicite advice and guidance from you that give a rip. I also hope the stories will give each of you an idea or two for something you may want to write.