Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Please bare with me on this

I do not want to be seen as some kind of nut that just can't let something go. A crazy who dwells on the morbid or seen as a pessimist, but I have had this reoccurring dream for about three weeks now. I originally thought what a great idea for a book. Then I thought maybe a screen play. Then it hit me I do not have the talent nor the research time to pull this off so I am going to put it to you guys and ask what you think. This weekend Pirates tried to highjack a cruise liner and it hit me this is too much of a coincidence for me and I had to put my idea out there.

The dream I have been having is that a cruise ship leaving San Francisco is highjacked after a hundred miles or so into its voyage. The ship is over ran by Islamic Terrorists with the help from the crew. Once on board they ship is turned around and brought back into the bay and moored right off Alcatraz Island.

The terrorists then notify the authorities that they have a nuclear device with the capability of destroying San Francisco, Oakland and all the municipalities surrounding the area. The terrorists demands are simple. Remove the American troops from the holy land within 30 days or they will detonate the bomb. If their contacts in the city detect a mass exodus from the bay area they will let the bomb off as well. If the military takes any action they will blow it all up too. The ship's passengers will be used as bargaining chips throughout the ordeal.

What I need from you guys is what would you do? What are you willing to try? How can we prevent this in the future?

I am not seeking a place to plant the blame, the administration could be Hillary, Bush or McCain for all I care. I am just wondering where something like this would go and how we as people would react. Any comments?