Friday, March 10, 2006

Brothers and Sister



Before I became a fat old balding Pirate I lived with these people. My brother Kevin is the goofy looking fellow on the far left. He is 19 months younger then me and a whole lotta inches taller. He lives with his daughters on the Oregon coast. His son is currently in Iraq.

The female in the bunch is our sister Kimber. It appears to me she is turning into our mother. She is a bad-ass redheaded lady who will take absolutely no crap from anyone. When she was in high school she played on the boys basketball team because the school was not able to field a girls team those years. I took joy in watching her put the hurts on some punk when he thought he had picked the easiest assignment. That girl could shoot and she did.

My baby brother, JK, the cop. He thinks he is God's gift to the world. He may be one of my best friends but I have no intention of telling him that. It would go to his head. He's single and has a 12 year old boy. He is the one with the Harley. The rest of us are over 40 and smart enough not to make ourselves so vulnerable.

Then there is the Pirate. I had just wrestled the hat back from my Grandma. Man that old gal sure can put up a good fight. Luckily for me she has lost a step or two and was unable to fend herself from my roundhouse kicks.

They may be ugly but they are my kin.

Peace...