Sunday, March 12, 2006

On the sixth day



This is a picture of my youngest brother and our dad. Some advice when these two are around, never leave your wallet or sweetie unattended.

I should be really careful about referring to Sunday as the sixth day. If you remember my mother's family is Seventh Day Adventist and they get a little touchy about over looking the Sabbath (Saturday). My own personal view is is that God doesn't use calendars and watches. Those are all human made devises to measure themselves not God's. So any way I don't want to get caught up on a debate about which Christian group is more in tune with the maker. I had a little debate like that this week with a blogger who is anti-God it made me worry debating him. I kept thinking how close do i want to get to this guy (it could have been a woman since they operate without any type of disclosure. I kept thinking if God strikes this guy down now will I be hit; collateral damage.

Well anyway what a gret day. I slept in until 9 am. Mrs. pirate was in the living room watching an old movie. So I headed downstairs to my office with a cup of French roast in hand and watched my favorite Sunday morning program as I did the crossword puzzle. I forget the name of the program but it has Mike Wallace and the rest of the Fox all-stars. Boy did Wallace grill that deadbeat lying senator from New England Chris Dobbs. I wish he had had Senators Clinton, Feingold, Schummer and Kennedy there for the rest of the well deserved butt kicking.

Then I found one of my favorite oldie movies on the History channel; Cool Hand Luke. Man do I love that flick. The egg eating contest and the car washing scenes are great. As is the performance of George Kennedy and Strother Martin.

I worked a little on the book I am writing and then was convinced by Mrs. Pirate to go and do the weekly groceries. So WalMart super store and Costco was how I spent the sixth day resting and I think so did half of the rest of Salem.

On the way to the markets this morning we came across a yard sale. Well there went $9 total for two solid oak nightstands and three 7-foot shelves for the garage. I love gargae shopping looking for treasures to repair and resale. I love finding a summers worth of reading for less then $5. Ilove the warmer weather that comes with yard sales. (do you think there is a connection between the two?)

When I got home I started a large crock pot of beef stew. And plan to read the rest of the day.

Well that's how I spent my day of rest.

Peace...