Friday, April 06, 2007

Hey Give That Dude a Carbon Credit Card

You know me I like to stir the pot with the best of them. Often my political stance is presented to just piss off the room. Of late there is the big old debate about global warming and if humans can be held accountable for it or not.

I think it is obvious to all of us if you pour a lot of gunk in a glass jar after awhile the jar looks like it is full of gunk. And if you want a clean jar you just dump it out. No more gunk in the jar.

Now the debate surely isn't as simple as that, but at times when the news channel is on behind me here in my office you'd think it is. I've heard stories of Vikings growing grapes in Greenland 700 years ago and I have heard of polar bears drowning. So I am torn. Were the Vikings just drunk and why don't someone give them bears waterwings?

I've heard that humans only account for 1% of the carbon emissions and that USA is responsible for 25% of that total. If my math is right I figure if we quit breathing, living, moving and being who we are we can remove .25% of all the carbon emissions. In the big scheme things it sounds like a fart in a hurricane to me.

Then it hit me we need a fart tax, i.e. a carbon tax. So I went out on the web today to see if I could catch some of the biggest farters to send a bill to.


This guy has to be at least $75,000 behind. You can tell it even hurt. Has to be all that spicy Pakistani food





If Denny hasn't ,yet you know he's about to. Breakout the wallet bud.

I'm sure these two have enough hot air between the two of 'em. give you style points but you gotta pay too. While I am at it, don't you think these two would make lovely children?

I will have the head office send a bill too. How much do you think we should bill them?

If I have a point in this post it obviously is on the top of my head. Only thing I can gather from both sides is this; someone is going to have live in that jar, gunk or not. And there are a whole lot of folks pushing nothing but hot air.

Peace.