Tuesday, April 03, 2007

After Hanging with Keith Richards Awhile

It hit me after hanging with Keith Richards for sometime that his folks kind of stunk.

Going forward the Pirate will be flying sober and high only on life. After praying for several years to kick the monkey off my back, the Lord finally had freed me of the buzz in my head.

I ended every night for the last 30 plus stoned. As I sent my prayers to God asking him to watch over all my family, friends and whoever may have been in my thought that day I always pleaded with him to take my desire to self medicate away from me. Earlier this year he did. In great fashion.

As I laid on the bathroom floor gasping for breath in the middle of the night and assuring Mrs. Pirate it would be alright I made a deal with God. "Please God kill me now or let me keep going. And if I'm going keep going let me do it free of substance".

I made it throught the night and barely through the next several days. As each following day and left my health improved (with the help of a good doctor) I noticed I had no desire to but poisons into my body. None at all. No more smokes, no more alcohol, no more pot, no more buzz for this Pirate. From now on my sailing will be substance free.

The only thing that should be said from now on is, "its about time dumbass."