Friday, August 24, 2007

Politico

I recently found a new playground. A place where one of my loves, politics can be discussed, argued and at times thrown right into your face. Essentially, Politico is a blog where a gaggle of average reporters that keep an eye (half open I might add) on the political scene. The writers or reporters post several stories per day, then open the venue to comments.

The comments is where the fun exists. An array of folks assume a moniker and hide behind an icon of their choosing and then chime in. If you are a smart ass like the Pirate, sandboxes like Politico are excellent places to play. You can do all kinds of things in the sandbox. You can build castles, dig tunnels, or which seems to be some people's favorite throw sand in each other's face. I have tried several of these depending on the subject, my mood or the mood of those participating that day.

Politico is also a great place to meet some real intelligent folks from both sides of an argument but you should be warned if you visit there are many that will tear your heart out. If you are not thick skinned it might be a good place to participate as a reader only and not wade in with your opinion.

Politico tends to use a few magnet characters to generate long threads of debate, discussion or mud slinging. Obviously Hillary and Obama tend to generate a lot of debate as does newly retiring Karl Rove. Interestingly Fred Thompson seems to generate long threads where Rudy and Mitt's tend to be less interesting. I have no idea if this means anything or not.

I think Fred Thompson's stories attract so many comments because the Republicans are in search of someone that can hand Hillary her head this next year and the Democrats are worried that might be the case.

If you are ever in the Politico sandbox feel welcome to badmouth or chime in with support for that guy "Right-minded Frank". He seems to know his stuff if the Pirate has to say so himself.

If you do find Politico to be the place to stop by on occassion let me know so I can add you to my friends or don't let me know and pick a fight with me and see if I can figure out who you are.

I better get some work done today or Mrs. Pirate is going to make me go shopping with her. I hate shopping unless I am gettging a new toy.

By the way Can O' Corn gave me a new Jolly Roger's flag that proudly flies over my desk. Arrrghhh.