Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Blazes Birthday

I didn't have a lot to post today since I am at the end of the bug that got me down. I do want to tell everyone I have had the fortune of being a father for 24 years as of today. Not bad since I have reached forty yet. Blaze was born in the hamlet of Dallas, Oregon 24 years ago. What a joy it is to be her dad. She has never dissapointed me. She has worried me a time or two but never disappointed. She always has the beautiful smile on her face to accompany her beautiful hazel eyes. She has always had determination in her stature and carried a positive outlook into whatever she pursues.

The funny thing about her birthday is the day she was born she had three uncles with the same birthday, my youngest brother being one. Both ths doctor and the nurse in the delivery room were enjoying the same birthday as well was the eldest child of both the doctor and the nurse. And the woman that I was cumuting to work at that time also had November 1st as her birthday.

On another note. The oldest boy, Jock's varsity cross country team will be running at state this next week. They were picked to come in last of the conference at the beginning of the season. Now who is laughing.

I'm using his computer to post today and sitting in his lair. He has pictures of Prefontaine all over his wall along with a picture of Rocky dancing at the top of the steps from the movie, and a picture of Belushi in Animal House and the Beatles. I look around his room here and think my God did we spoil this kid. He has more stuff in his room then his mom and I had in our first apartment. Computer (he built), desk, lazy boy, couch, bed, microwave, TV, stereo, video games galore, and an Ottoman. I can not ever see him wanting to move out and go to college. He's got it made right here. Why take a step down?