Saturday, December 31, 2005

End of one and a beginning of another

I'm sitting here printing out my first solicitations to client hopefuls and playing with my printer. I plan to print and mail at least 100 of them today. My goal is to hit 2006 running hard enough to break a sweat and easy enough to enjoy the moment.

I have Van Morrison playing in the background with his optimistic celtic flair, even his songs about rain are positive. If you have been in the Willamette Valley this last two weeks you know how tough it is to be upbeat about rain.

Been driving my family nuts lately with my constant play of Merle Haggard. They'll go along with the Okie from Muskogie, but all the other barroom ballads don't seem to interest any of them. Lil Sis bought me a Merle Haggard CD for Christmas and I think I've worn a hole in it. Music is a mood thing with me as a I suspect it is for most. I enjoy too many types of music genres and too many different artist to be pigeon holed into one singer or genre. And lately I've been craving the barstool style of Merle.

Unlike Merle's music implies, I don't spend much of my time in watering holes and never was one who dwelled over a lost love. Don't get me wrong i have had my heart torn out and smashed into the ground a number of times, and deservinly so. I just don't take up too much of my life dwelling on them. I usually pick the damn heart up out of the dirt, brush it off, plug it back in and fake it or awhile.

A good friend sent me a short story she is working on asked me for my objective opinion. I see this request as an honor but I hope she can take what an objective Pirate might have to say. I wish all of you a great New Year and pray that many of us get the chance to meet each other this year and I look forward to reading all the posts. I also plan to spend more time on the keyboards typing for fun and with some luck publish something.

Peace...